Frequently asked questions - Your Account & Your Businesses' Data
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about Sage One Accounting
Your Account & Your Businesses' Data
- Can I access my data even when the power is out?
Yes you can, use your smartphone – our mobile apps allow you to capture expenses, quote or invoice on the go. Or use your tablet’s browser to logon to Sage One.
- What happens to my data when there is a power cut or there is load shedding?
You can find peace of mind in the fact that your Sage One data is safe and secure because it is stored in the cloud. Make use of any charged device such as a laptop, smartphone or tablet to access your Sage One data from anywhere.
- Should I choose to use one of your desktop packages would I be able to convert the data and continue with processing?
No. Should you wish to make use of another accounting package, you will need to do take on balances. You can export master file data in CSV format to import into your accounting package.
- How do I backup my data on Sage One?
There is no need for you to back up your own data. Your data is backed up daily and all backups are stored for two weeks. Your data is further stored in two different locations accommodating multiple points of failure.
- How do I change my email address (Username) should I sign up with a new service provider?
You can change your email address (Username) in the My Profile section on the Administration menu.
- Can I have my data returned to me should I choose to discontinue with Sage One?
No. There is currently no single export file that can be returned to you, however, you are able to print all reports and export to Excel.
- How secure is my data when working in Sage One?
Your data is very secure. Your company information is protected by your username and password. No one has access to your company information unless you have invited them and only then will they be able to log in with their own username and password. As a registered user, you will have full control over who is invited as a user and you have full control over permissions per user. Pastel employees do not have access to any user information and therefore cannot access your company data without receiving permission and login details from you. For your security, if you are logged in and do not use Sage One for an extended period (2 hours) you will be automatically logged off. Please refer to the FAQ below regarding session expiries.
- I have reset my Password and I am still waiting for confirmation from Sage One to acknowledge this, what do I do now?
Once the system receives your request it will immediately process this and you will receive confirmation in the form of an email. If, however, you have not received an email within a few minutes, please do not hesitate to email us. You should also view your Junk Mail folder as it might be in there having been detected as spam.
- Can I pay online should I want to purchase Sage One?
Yes. You can access the Administration menu and select the My Profile option. Here you will be able to Pay by Credit Card, EFT or Voucher and Upgrade your Account. If you pay for Sage One by credit card, your credit card details are not stored by Sage One and cannot therefore be accessed by anyone.